Intuit developed QuickBooks Desktop for use in small, mid-sized, and large organizations that require multiple users to access the company data recorded in the QuickBooks Company file. Multiple user access to the company file facilitates data administration and reduces the time and effort required to manage complex business activities. Errors and hiccups in multi-user configuration can occasionally cause problems for businesses utilizing QuickBooks. This article will examine a multi-user error that displays the error message “QBDBMgrN is not running on this computer.” If you are also experiencing QuickBooks Database Server Manager Not Running on the Computer Error, read this complete article for detailed instructions on how to fix it.
Are you experiencing the QuickBooks database server manager no files are connected error message? Dial TFN +1-(855)-955-1942 for Immediate Troubleshooting Help from certified experts
What Issues Cause the QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer Server Error?
There are a number of issues in QuickBooks desktop that can trigger QBDBMgrN Not Running on this computer 2022 error and impede the operation of QuickBooks in multi-user mode. The following is a list of all the causes due to which QBDBMgrN not operating problem might arise:
- The company file you are attempting to open in multi-user mode is either corrupt or damaged.
- The network is not configured correctly to host QuickBooks files in multi-user mode.
- The desktop workstations are unable to communicate with the network server.
- The QuickBooks database server manager 2021 is out of date or improperly deployed.
Read Related: Steps To Recover QuickBooks Account
Resolutions for the QBDBMgrN not Running Error
First Solution: Repair Damaged Company File
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor and launch the installation file from the downloads folder.
- Select the option to repair the company file, and once the process is complete, attempt to reaccess the file from the server in a multi-user environment.
Second Solution: Fix the Damage in the Network
- In addition to repairing damaged company files, File Doctor can also resolve common network configuration issues.
- Launch QuickBooks File Doctor and select the Fix Network option this time.
After completing the repair, restart the server and workstations to determine whether the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error has been resolved.
Third Solution: Verify Server and Workstation Interconnectivity
- Go to the workstation and press the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- Type CMD followed by Enter.
- Check if the workstation can communicate with the server using the Ping command.
- If you received all the packets back, then the network is appropriately configured.
- If packets are lost, contact your IT administrator or support for assistance.
If the QBDBMgrN not running error persists even after completing all the steps outlined in this article, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager may be corrupted. Check to see if updating it resolves the error. The QBDBMgrN not running error can also be resolved by dialing the support number +1-(855)-955-1942 where you can connect with certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for instant help and support.