Like any other accounting software, Web Connectors also recieve errors, and one such error is QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085, also known as Exception Type Error: Unknown name. This error affects the Desktop version of QuickBooks Enterprise, and once a user gets a Web Connector error, QuickBooks cannot exchange data from any third-party web-based software. This error interferes with the basic tasks and needs immediate resolution, and in this article, we will be guiding you through the troubleshooting process.
Has QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 Completely overtaken your system? Don’t worry. Our experts have got you; just dial us at +1(855)-738-0359 for immediate technical assistance.
Quick Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Following are some of the effective solutions recommended by the experts that can help you in resolving QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085.
Solution 1: Rename QWCLOG.TXT File to Resolve Web Connector Error QBWC1085
The Corruption or Damage in the QuickBooks Web Connector file (QBWCLOG.TXT) is a common reason behind errors with QuickBooks Web Connector. With the steps mentioned below, we will be renaming the QBWCLOG.TXT file to force QuickBooks Web Connector to make a new one resolving the error QBWC1085 in QuickBooks.
- First you need to right-click the small QuickBooks Web Connector’s icon from the taskbar and choose Exit.
- Now access Windows File Manager and head to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QBWebConnector \log folder.
- Right-click the QWCLOG.TXT file, select Rename, then rename it to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and save it.
- Now restart the Web Connector application, then reboot your computer, and open QuickBooks again.
- Finally, try using an online application that you have integrated with QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Ensure to connect the QuickBooks company file to the third-party program
The manual process that one can take is to ensure to connect the QuickBooks company file to the third-party program.
- The first thing to do is to tap on the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- After that, the Run window will pop up on the screen then, type MSConfig and hit the OK button.
- Next, you have to hit click on the Startup tab; once done, search and mark the Checkbox for QuickBooks web connector.
- After that, tap on the Apply option and then also press the OK button.
- The last step is to Restart the computer and also see if the QuickBooks web connector error gets fixed or not.
- Recommended To Read: QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 3: Remove the web connector from the startup menu to Rectify the error
In case you are not connected to QuickBooks to any 3rd Programs, then you can eliminate the Web Connector from the Startup menu.
- Firstly login to your computer as the Windows Administrator, and once done, you have to navigate to the following command C:\Progam Data\Microsoft \Windows\ Start Menu\ Program \ Startup.
- Now for Windows XP: You need to follow the path: Documents and Settings All Users/ Start Menu/ Program / Startup.
- Now you have to Delete the QuickBooks Web Connector File, then reboot your system and open the QuickBooks program again.
We hope that the aforementioned solutions helped you in resolving QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085. In case you are still experiencing the error even after the troubleshooting, then don’t worry, our experts can help you, and all you need to do is give us a quick call at +1(855)-738-0359.
Read More – miracleoutfit